James Brunk: How to Turn Settlers into Pioneers
James Brunk talks about how to turn setters into pioneers.
1. Is the pastor seen as A minister or the minister in the church?
2. How can we work effectively to mobilize and equip God’s people for the works of service?
3. Are we expanding the core leadership?
4. What kind of leaders are we developing?
5. Are we keeping a balance of CI and CII leaders?
6. Are we preparing leaders only for this church or preparing some leaders for the next church plant?
7. What is our specific strategy for leadership development?
8. The evaluation question is, “Did people meet God today?”
9. What are we doing to strengthen people’s understanding of worship?
10. Whose issues and preferences are impacting our current worship style?
11. Are we regularly evaluating worship services?
12. Are we evangelizing the community?
13. What is our prayer strategy?
14. Does the congregation see evangelism as important for them personally?
15. Are we training the members for evangelism? How?
16. Are we constantly identifying and cultivating prospects?
17. What are the specific hurts and hopes in this community to which we can minister?
18. Are there pockets of people or people groups that are not being reached among whom a new church needs to be planted?
19. How open are the circles of relationships?
20. What structures do we have in place to assist people to develop and strengthen relationships?
21. What new groups did we create last year? What do we plan to create this year?
22. When asked to define “fellowship” in this church, how would people define it and where would they say it occurs?
23. Do all members see our church as a loving, caring community? How does community reveal itself in the church?
24. Do we work at assimilation of new members?
25. Is the process effective?
26. Did our structure develop by design or by default?
27. Does the structure serve our vision, values?
28. Does the structure fit our people and culture?
29. Are there some changes that need to be made in the “system design?”
30. What is our plan in developing strong stewards in this church?
31. Does our budget reflect our church’s vision and values?
32. Are our financial policies reflective of our faith? Are they sound? Are they understandable?
33. Do members have an accurate understanding of the church’s financial condition?
34. Are we. . . ?
Posted on Wed, September 9, 2015
by Mark Weible